Silver Spring Campus Admissions
We look forward to introducing you to Auburn's welcoming learning community. As you embark on theprocess of choosing the best school for your child and family, we invite you to use these Admission pages to learn about our admissions process, register for our speaker series, schedule a visit, or apply for admission. We encourage you to explore the entire site to learn how Auburn helps children grow and learn.
Jennifer Polkes, Silver Spring Campus Director of Admissions
(301) 588-8048 | email@example.com
Applications for grades K-8 are still being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year. The Auburn School also has rolling admissions and accepts applications throughout the year.
- Application & Supplementary Materials
For best consideration, please submit applications for the upcoming school year by February 1 and all supplementary materials by February 28. All supplementary materials must be received in order to begin application review. If testing or other materials are pending, please indicate on the application when you expect results will be available. We will continue to review applications received after this date for remaining spaces. We will also review applicants for mid year enrollment.
- Student Visit
After reviewing the completed application, The Auburn School will contact you to schedule a student visit if we believe your child can be well served by our program. Additional information will be provided when the visit is scheduled.
- Parent interview (optional)
In certain circumstances, we may request that the parents visit with Auburn staff to discuss the child’s application, testing and learning needs in more detail.
- Decision notification
We seek to provide notification of student visits, admissions and financial aid decisions on a timely basis once a completed application, including all supporting materials, has been received. Decisions will be mailed in mid-March for applications received by the February 1.
- $100 Application fee
- Testing - full psycho-educational evaluation and report completed within the last two years, including:
- A cognitive assessment with, at a minimum, the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), Wechsler Primary and Preschool Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI), or similar; and
- For grades 2+, an academic achievement assessment including reading, math and written language. Must have been completed or updated within last 12 months
- Other available testing or evaluations (Speech/Language, OT, etc.)
- Teacher evaluations (2)
- School records and transcripts
- Other available information such as IEP's, tutor reports, etc.